Job Title: Production Material Handler
1st shift: 6am – 2pm
Split shift 10:00am – 6pm
Department: Production Department (Medina)
Reports to: Production Supervisor (Medina)
Performs tasks necessary to provide production operations the support needed for the efficient flow of materials and rapid startup and product changeovers. Assists Manufacturing Inventory and Product Analyst with inventory accuracy by making moves in TGI, cycle counting, weighing products, and closing work orders as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORKE EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Material Handler is responsible for keeping production running smoothly by managing and stocking Kanban’s and providing requested materials and physical support to minimize downtime and scrap.
- Ensures that raw materials and parts for production are always available by properly following the Kanban system.
- Assists other material handler team members and operations team as needed.
- Responsible for placing rework materials back in proper stocking locations.
- Ensures the accurate and timely transfers of finished goods to the warehouse and that product is properly accounted for in TGI.
- Performs cycle counts and work on special projects from the Manufacturing Inventory and Product Analyst as projects come up.
- Lift truck/ walkie certification required or must obtain within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
High School diploma or G.E.D.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The A.I. Root Co.
- Must have strong PC Skills with good working knowledge of TGI and Microsoft Excel
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Strong decision making and communication skills
- Independent and self-starting
- Ability to work weekends and flex to 2nd shift to cover vacations
- Must be able to lift items up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to work in a team environment